Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spain

Wow. I've only been here for 2 days but I've quickly realized how there will not be one dull moment here in Spain! It is beautiful. The town of Alcala is very quaint...with sooo much to see. My house is a 10 minute walk in one direction to the train station that takes me right into Madrid, or a 10 minute walk in the other direction to the Universidad de Alcala. It is a beautiful campus with so much history. (it was founded in around 1508). The Plaza de Cervantes sits right in the middle of it which is surrounded by little shops, bakeries and candy stands. The food is incredible...my host mama cooks us 3 meals a day and they've all been delicious! Last night she made flan but I haven't tasted it yet...definitely looking forward to that. Yesterday after school a couple friends and I went exploring...well it was more like getting lost for about 3 hours but it was a total adventure! Of course, us being Americans, forgot about the siesta time! So everything was closed down! But we ran into some Mormon missionaries from Utah, ha! I'm finally adjusting to the time...sinice I didn't sleep at all on my 10 our fligh to Frankfuhrt and only got 3 hours of sleep the first night, I have been dragging a little. My Spanish is already getting better, it's crazy! My host family speaks a total of 3 English words, and my host mama LOVES to talk so I'm getting some serious practice here, which I love! There is just so much to talk about...simply a blog is just not enough! Today a few of us are probably going to head into Madrid to explore and tomorrow we're going to the Prado! Hopefully some pictures will be coming soon! Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Becca said...

KIM! how exciting.. i loved reading every bit of your 2 days in spain! keep posting and i cant wait to see pictures!!