Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Everyday it gets better!


The other day we went into Madrid to go to the Museo de Reina Sofia. This is one of the world's most famous museums for contemporary/modern art. The building itself was a work of art...but the gem of the museum is Picasso's Guernica. It is huge...with so much history and political symbolism. Afterwards, while wandering around...we ran into some mariachi players (I felt like I was in Mexico?) but it was still fun all the same! That day I also tried my first Doner Kebab (a lot like a gyro) It was so good! The food here is great...luckily I haven't had to eat anything too weird!

Despite the cold, we ventured out again. This time we found the Madrid temple. It is gorgeous! I can't wait to take more pictures on a sunny day! After we wandered around Madrid again...visiting another museum with famous works by Goya.


1 comment:

Monica said...

yay for mexico....i mean spain....i got confused with the mariachi :)