Friday, January 9, 2009

Madrid

While wandering we found this little beauty. The Palacia Royal. A quaint little home if I do say so. Ha! Well the temperature had dropped to about 3 degrees below freezing so we decided to head back home, but today we were able to actually take a tour through this incredible palace!
We went into Madrid for the first time yesterday. It's only a 30 minute train ride from my home in Alcala. We came up from the metro to the Plaza del Sol...and this is what we saw! We began wandering around in awe of our surroundings! Madrid is HUGE- I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there...not to mention the shopping is great! We found monestaries, cathedrals, monuments and (unfortunately) McDonalds. Gross. It is my goal to not eat in one American restaurant while I'm here! There are tons of places to eat, and many of them advertise their food in the window...at one point I found myself looking at a pig (with every part of it in-tact). It was dead of course but the restaurant decided to be humerous and place sun glasses over the pigs eyes...? There were many things I didn't recognize and other things that I think I'll try to avoid. ( giant squids and blood sausage- look it up online or something)

No comments: