Sunday, July 5, 2009

So what now?

I can't believe it has been almost 2 1/2 months since I got back from Europe! Time has flown and all I can say is that life is full of surprises. Here's a quick update on what I've been doing.

First of all, I have to say that interior design is my passion. It is what I've chosen as my career, it is the hobby I love most, and it just makes me happy!
At a young age I started looking for opportunities (beyond my own bedroom) to decorate and design! I was lucky enough to work for a Realtor/Designer team who would "stage" homes for sale. Not only did I get to witness the process of it all, I actually got to decorate here and there.
Ever since then I've taken every opportunity to design, decorate and redecorate any space I could!
I came home from Europe hoping another opportunity would arise. I started searching locally here for interior designers/decorators. I found Kathy Hamilton of Hamilton Redesigns. She agreed to let me assist her on her projects until she stopped for the summer months.
Needless to say, I loved it! Kathy was fantastic to work with and let me jump right in to perfecting the "final touches" of her projects. The first main project I worked on was a multi-million dollar apartment overlooking Pike's Place Market downtown. I didn't take my camera, but I wish I would have! The view from a high-rise apartment overlooking Seattle is something else.
The second project was in its final stages. I helped a lot with the small details: the accessorizing and furniture configuration. Here are a few pictures to enjoy! (FYI the homeowner wanted to hang their own artwork...hence the bare walls.)






For kicks I thought I'd add a few shots from projects I've done in the past:
Two years ago I redecorated my bedroom at home. I'm planning on making a few new changes but I decided to throw these in. The pictures are all originals from a family trip to Europe.
I got plexiglass custom cut to fit this desk. Not only does it protect the surface but provides a whole new approach to displaying pictures! I reorganized these shelves adding a few new gems from my semester abroad.
This was a fun one. I lived in this apartment for less than 3 months but my roommates and I wanted to do something fun. It was Spring, the weather was getting nicer and all we wanted was color! If I had more of a budget, for the wall art I would have stretched fabric over canvas boards to give it more dimension. Sometimes you just have to get creative...
This was a holiday decoration from another apartment. Again, I tried to just use what I had. The little details can make all the difference.

1 comment:

Not sure said...

Those rooms are beautiful! You are so talented. I wish that you could design my apartment!