Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Looking through London

Last city: London A foggy day in London Town...Houses of Parliament. I loved these vintage taxis! ParliamentBIG BEN! Eye of London, biggest Ferris Wheel in Europe! Street performers are all over. That kid was just too cute!The one thing I really wanted to do in London was see a play! So...we saw two...in one day! Our first one was Les Miserables, one of my FAVORITE plays. London didn't let me down, it was incredible! The actor who played Jean Valjean was fantastic. Sierra and I both left with jaws dropped. Second play of the day: Wicked which was a bit more lighthearted! I had never seen it before and only knew a few of the songs. In the end, I loved it! The costuming and staging was just fun and who doesn't love the song "loathing?"
Classic!
This is in the Kensington Gardens, not too far from the palace. Thar gardens connect with Hyde park which is an awesome park.
Streets of London. Very ideal.

We had to see the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. It's very different from the one in D.C. but it was still fun! Somehow I managed to grab this shot! We were actually standing amongst a very packed group of people. I stuck my arm above the crowd with camera in hand and hoped for a good shot, this is what came out! (after a few unsuccessful attempts of course...)

1 comment:

Aaron and Megan said...

KIM! It looks like you had a wonderful time in Europe. How long were you there? Was it with BYU or another program?...I am curious. I am mostly jealous though.