Sunday, April 11, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday!

Even with finals looming down on us, I wasn't going to let Jesse's birthday pass without a fantastic day of celebrating! It was full of all things he loves!

After a morning of studying we set out for our first adventure- hiking in the Spanish Fork Canyon. But first we made a quick stop at Sammy's for a sampling of milk shakes. (If you go don't get the Snickers- it tasted like plastic. Go for the Peanut Butter Cup or Raspberry...cause I knew you were wondering...?)

Red Ledges is more of a park but it's full of red rocks that you can hike and play around on! We went as high as we could and stopped to enjoy the view, oh and avoid the cactus? Wasn't expecting that. It feels so good to finally get outside again.

The drive alone was gorgeous too. I highly recommend driving through those canyons with the windows rolled down, blasting a little Black Eyed Peas.

Next was dinner at Jesse's favorite- Guru's. Alyssa, James, Dan and V came along which guaranteed some good laughs.

I needed time to stall while V and others got everything together for the end of the night. How did I do this? Borders Travel Section. We sat and looked through photography books.

I finally got the go ahead from V to come back to the club house in his apartment complex. I made up some lame excuse so we could end up in the club house where a bunch of his close friends had come to surprise him!

I can't believe we pulled it off because when we created the Facebook invite, he accidentally ended up on the guest list! SOMEHOW he didn't see the invite OR the e-mail notification. He also didn't pick up on anything after I sent him a text alluding to the party. Ha. I'm amazed.
Love these people. Thanks to them for helping to pull it off.
Despite the fact that we were soooo full from Guru's, there was enough sugar there to last us a month! Thank you to Monica for helping me make:
Peanut butter cookies
Oreo truffles
Funfetti cupcakes
Thin mint ice cream pie

1 comment:

Jesse Moore said...

This was the best Birthday ever Kim! THANK YOOOOOUUUU! :)