Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Number 1.

I have never won anything in my life...ever. No t-shirts at games, no stupid memorabilia some company is trying to get rid of, not even a stuffed animal at a carnival. Well, my luck has finally changed.

Two weeks ago the iOscars were hosted by the BYU Mac User's Group. The theme was "Hello, I'm a Cougar, and I'm a Ute." It was a competition to see who could come up with the most creative video (3 minutes max) using this theme and Apple's iMovie software. Jesse is an Apple Campus Rep (and part of the Mac User's Group) so he wasn't allowed to enter the competition. It wouldn't have been such a big deal...but the 1st place winner got an iPad! Ok, now it was a big deal! We found a quick solution to this dilemma...I'll enter one. Thank goodness for girlfriends. So in one afternoon we put together our masterpiece.

(If you haven't seen the Old Spice commercials, you MUST watch this video before watching ours!)

Now ours:


(For the record...I don't call him pumpkin.)

On the night of the event we thought "Cougatar" might have us beat, but it turns out people were looking for a good laugh, and WE WON!

On a completely different note, last weekend I had to say goodbye to my best friend for 18 months! She is leaving in a few weeks to serve a mission in Joao Pessoa, Brazil! As much as I'll miss her here I am so excited for her. She will be an amazing missionary and help so many people come to know our Savior. I was able to go to her farewell party and have a few last good laughs with her and other friends who came.

Good luck Steph! Love you!

3 comments:

Ben and Raquel said...

haha, i love your video!!! no wonder you won

Becca said...

love your video so cool you won!

Daniel said...

Many congats, we loved the video.

The main thing I can remember winning was one of those huge gameboy's back when I was like 4-7 years old.

I think I won it in a raffle or something.

Good times.