Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sundance & Brighton

My weekend started on Thursday. A few of my friends have been volunteering up at the Sundance Film Festival and had a bunch of extra passes. So Thursday night we went to the midnight showing of Buried. It was literally 90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds...buried in a box! Sound boring? It wasn't! The cinematography was really well done but do not see it if you are at all claustrophobic.

The script and screen writers stayed for a Q&A session after the viewing. They were quite comical.
*****
On Friday a few friends and I headed up to Brighton because they had 2 for 1 passes. I decided to try snowboarding again. I hadn't strapped on a board for almost 6 years because the last time I did it resulted in a broken wrist. Hm. Lesson learned? Not quite. I figured instead of putting my hands out every time I ate it I would use the natural cushioning we are blessed with...well...somewhere in there my logic became faulty. Second run of the night I took a good fall, and as I remained, sprawled out in the snow, I realized that "cushioning" failed me. I knew I was done for, but I wasn't about to give up! I kept boarding but I became "that person," you know, the one who everybody on the run tries to avoid because a.) she is going soooo slow b.) she may or may not just stop unexpectedly c.) you cannot predict her next move. Anyways, regardless of my pain I had a blast being with friends and being out on the mountain, but I think I'll stick to skiing.
*****
Saturday morning (ok afternoon) rolled around and I slowly got out of bed. I convinced Monica to go up to Sundance with me cause once again my friends had some extra tickets. This time, The Company Men. It's so funny to just watch the crowds that go to the Film Festival- a.k.a. the rich people walking around in their furs and bling...wow.



5 comments:

Monica said...

yay us!

AmyH said...

Cute bangs! Looks like a fun weekend

AmyH said...

You can come over anytime. We're always home:)

Daniel said...

Sorry about your wrist.

The last time I went down a mountain (skiing), I ended up puking all over Vail and the carpet of the freshly sold home (friends of the family) we were staying in.

Oh yeah, I also got a concussion.

Guess I zigged when I should have zagged.

But it sounds like you didn't break anything this time, right?

Not sure said...

Wish that I could be skiing with you! I miss it so much!