Saturday, August 15, 2009

Festival of India

I went to Kumbhamela 2009 at the Vedic Cultural Center just a few miles from my house. It's the most cultured thing we've got going on in this town! A couple of years ago the Krsna Temple was complete and to say the least, its pink exterior didn't quite blend with its surroundings, but I'm glad it's there!
This picture of the exterior came from here because the one I took of the outside didn't turn out.

One of my favorite parts was the giant inflatable cow outside! (unfortunately, the lighting wasn't very good for the outside shots)

This was inside the Prayer Room, where we also listened to live music -- the traditional music played in the presence of God.


We walked through the displays outside that depicted the story of Krsna.


We also listened to the national anthem being sung, and ate lots of curry!

No comments: