Saturday, February 14, 2009

A weekend close to home.

So this weekend we stuck close to Madrid. We took a day trip to Segovia. We passed through some beautiful countryside (I didn't realize how much snow these little mountains near Madrid can get!) We took a tour through the palace in the picture above...we climbed to the top of the square tower. It was quite the workout going up the tiny, spiral staircase!
The aquaducts! So impressive how many years this has stood standing.
This is where I spent my Dia de San Valentino. Not bad. The day was absolutely GORGEOUS. No jackets needed...the weather was perfect. Several of us spent the entire day in the Parque de Buen Retiro (with about a million other Spaniards!) We sat in the sun eating lunch, tossing around a frisbee, walking through the markets looking at old books, eating Napolitanas (chocolate filled pastries), listening to street performers, people (and dog) watching, and my favorite part- boating in the pond. I saw way too much kissing...but beyond that the day just couldn't have been any better.

How will I ever get any studying done?!

2 comments:

Becca said...

lovee the last picture. love the boots and scarf

Willi Nixon said...

we miss you too!! i get so jealous when i look at your blog so i try to limit myself